ACKNOWLEDGEMENT


O mother, let me acknowledge
your selfless toil and pristine love
that you've always showered on me
and guided me to the right path in life.
Even today, when I'm beside you,
your face beams with sheer delight
and your tender heart can understand
all my emotions even though it's a trace.
Sacrifice, patience, trust...
ever shine through your actions,
wisdom, affection, inspiration...
ever reflect in your words.
You led me by example and
instilled courage to face challenges,
your vision - noble and lofty,
Oh! I simply admire your simplicity.
Inculcating values and self-reliance,
you taught me how to be independent,
I'm always proud of you, dear mother,
O God, take care of her forever.

 
[Published in 'Your Space' of the e-journal 'Muse India' on 2 February 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment